Thursday 6 October 2011

Healthy all winter, now this . . .

If you've been following me on Facebook, you'd know I am a fitness fanatic. I do 30 laps pf the pool each morning Monday to Friday and go to the gym seven days a week doing weights Wednesday, Friday and Sunday and aerobic exercises Monday, Tuesday and Thursday.

Until now I'd been feeling rather chuffed at going an entire winter without suffering the dreaded lurgy or injury in the gym, unlike last year when it was a non-stop procession of various maladies.

The onset of Spring has resulted in many people casting off the winter woolies and wearing shorts and t-shirts, including me. It's been fairly warm and balmy, certainly sunny in the Canberra region. But looks can be deceptive.

Last Friday a killer freezing wind started up which came in under the cover of bright sunny weather. I went out over the weekend oblivious to it - I just looked out the window and decided it was shorts and t-shirt weather. How wrong I was.

I was outdoors most of Saturday and Sunday and by Monday morning I had developed a sore throat and slight cold symptoms. I could have gone to the pool this morning, I suppose, but I decided to cancel it. I'm crawling up the wall now. Back in the 1980s they used to call people like me gym junkies. I really do get uptight if I miss out on gym or the pool.

Anyways, on the upside you have a couple of new posts by yours truly. Things aren't all that bad :)